Home/Inicio
Our Church/Nuestra Iglesia
Educational/Educativo
Music/Música
LIturgy/Liturgia
Enrichment/Enriquecimiento
Sacramental Life/Vida Sacramental
Links/Enlaces
St. Joseph Facebook Site

Parish History

On June 14, 1942, the original St. Joseph Church was dedicated by Bishop Joseph H. Albers. When our parish was established it served about 230 families on the south side of the city of Battle Creek. In February 1947 Father Patrick Kenny, the first Pastor, announced that the time was ripe to erect a parish school. On July 1, 1947, Fr. Kenny was transferred and Father Adolph Oser became Pastor of St. Joseph’s.

The school building was erected in 1949 at a cost of $140,000. When the debt was paid on the school building, Father Oser announced plans for building a new church, the approximate cost of which was $325,000. Groundbreaking took place on August 9, 1954, and on Sept. 18, 1955, the dedication of the new church was held with Bishop Joseph Albers officiating. Read more about our Early History...

St. Joseph Parish has continued to grow - from the 230 families in 1942 to over 1,350 families currently registered. The parish has prospered through the efforts of dedicated parishioners and spiritual leaders.

Parish's First Church 1942
First Church 1942






Saturday
Vigil 5pm

Sunday
8am, 10am,
12pm

5pm Spanish
at St. Jerome

Mon-Sat 8am



Saturdays at
3:30 and
Sunday
Before Spanish Mass
at 4:00-4:30pm